The dilemma of choosing the best time to exercise is different for some people. Some people choose to workout before work, and there are others that chooses after work. This will depend on your personal lifestyle and preference after all. In this article, we are going to break down and see which of the two schedules work best.
- A gym becomes busy and crowded during peak hours. This means that you have to wait for your turn to use that treadmill or just go home and call it a day. That’s why some people choose to hit the gym before work where everything is quieter and peaceful. Going to the gym early in the morning gives you a chance to fuel up your body before conquering the busy day ahead. Then there are others who choose to hit the gym after their work hours for a more peaceful rest and sleep at the end of the day.
- However, just because it’s early doesn’t mean it’s not crowded. This will depend on the gym you’re going too. 6 am – 8 am is usually the time where early gym goers are at its peak. While 5 pm – 8 pm is where the gym can get too crowded especially those people that choose to hit the gym after work. That’s why it’s better to research ahead of time the gym you’re going. Google is your friend when it comes to this. What you should do is do a Google search of the local gym you’re eyeing at, read reviews and click on “popular times” to know which time of day the gym gets too busy and crowded.
Body Energy Levels
- Not only the time of day, you should also consider looking at your body’s energy levels. If you think that you’re too sluggish to do things in the morning, then going to the gym after work will suit you better. However, if you feel that morning workouts will give you the energy you need for the day, then working out before work is just what you need.
- When we think about it, what’s the point of going to a morning gym session if you don’t have the energy and stamina at all. Same goes for going to the gym after work where you don’t have energy left anymore because you’re already drained and exhausted. The best thing you can do is to hit the gym whenever you feel alive and active.
Is Eating Before a Workout Necessary?
- Lots of debate are circulating around about eating pre or post workout. But at the end of the day, this will depend on your personal preference. If you’re on fasting, then morning workouts are for you. If ever you feel the need to eat, then waking up earlier is a must so that you will have time to prepare before blasting your way into the gym. Early morning workouts also mean sacrificing your precious sleeping hours too so bear that in mind. On the bright side, you can also eat after workouts to regain the energy you lost while doing so. However, be careful not to overeat, or you’ll end up being bloated.
Stressed? Bad Mood? Exercise!
- You will be surprised that exercising is one way to release stress. This is because every time you do workouts, it releases endorphins that will make you happy and livelier after each session. Morning workouts will boost your mood and makes you start your day right with a smile.
- Afternoon/Evening workouts also work well too. What if you had a bad day at work? Or you are stressed because of family conflict at home? So what will you do? Grab your shoes and hit the gym! Exercising is the best way to eliminate stress and anger, and it also helps you to get better sleep at night.