Did you know? That exercise is one way to relieve stress? When you do exercises, your body releases endorphins that take away stress and anxiety, making you happier and livelier throughout the day. So if ever you’re having a bad day, then go to the nearest gym in your town and pick from these seven stress-relieving exercises.
- Most people go for intense and
extreme exercises for the sake of relieving stress. However, for those who want
to opt for a calmer and easier way, yoga is your best bet. Yoga helps you calm
your mind, enhances your breathing, and helps you find your way to serenity
(the state of being calm). Not only it calms your mind, but it also helps in
improving your flexibility and posture as well.
- And now, for those who go
beyond the extreme, HIIT exercises is definitely the one for you. For those who
don’t know, HIIT exercises consist of vigorous exercises with rests in between
them. Since the exercises are shorter than average, they are high in intensity
to compensate for its short duration. Once you attend HIIT classes, you will be
too occupied on the training itself, making you forget all your stress and
- We tend to box our anger and
anxieties inside so why not hit the gym and box it away? Boxing is a great way to
reduce stress while getting some exercise at the same time. Not only that, but
it also teaches you some new skills as well most especially about self-defense.
Punching as hard as you can stimulate endorphins, which helps making you feel
better in an instant. That’s why some people that are stressed or lonely do
boxing and think that the punching bags are their problems, be it their ex, a
people they don’t like, or a toxic friend, you name it.
- Tai Chi
- This is a gentle and meditative
exercise that can really relieve stress out of your mind and body. It’s based
on the concept of “qi”, which means the flow of energy, and works to balance
both your physical and mental state. Doing this exercise will help you to be
calm and peaceful afterward.
- Group Training
- Workouts are better with
friends. So whatever exercise you’ve been doing such as HIIT, Zumba, or
Aerobics, bring a friend with you and share the fun. Being surrounded by people
and doing workouts together can brighten your mood and helps you to feel
- Desk Stretches
- There are times where you are too stressed out at work leaving you no time to hit the gym at all. But did you know? That your desk is the perfect tool for your much-needed exercise? Yes, they are! And here are some desk exercises that you can follow:
- Pec stretch – You can do this one either being seated or standing. To start, bring your arms behind your head. Clasp your fingers and bring your elbows back as far as you can and squeeze. Hold it for a few seconds and release tension afterward. Repeat as much as you can until you feel better.
- Seated Twist – Remain seated while your feet are placed on the ground. Twist your body from left to right while holding it for 5 seconds in each twist. Repeat if necessary.
- Toe Touch – Stand up with your feet
shoulder-width apart. Stretch your hands upward as if you’re reaching for the
ceiling. After doing so, fall forward to touch your toes. If you can’t, then
it’s okay, just stretch it however far you can reach. When done, inhale, stand
up, and swing your arms above again and repeat until you feel relaxed.
- Lastly, one of the easiest and best way to relieve stress is by running. That’s why a lot of people tend to go outside for a run whenever they feel down or stressed. So no matter indoors or outdoors (via treadmill), cast your stress away by running.